Anatomy of a Highly Successful Non-Traditional Student Infographic
Timing may never seem perfect when it comes to enrolling in school, but by adapting habits of successful students, you can achieve your goals. The Anatomy of a Highly Successful Non-Traditional Student Infographic shows how important it is to prioritize things, multitask, seek support, be disciplined and sleep regularly.
- Now is better than later. Procrastination is poison to prioritizing.
- Make a game plan and stick to it.
- Be flexible. Work ahead and avoid spreading yourself too thin.
- Use calendars and create lists to maximize time and plan ahead (ex. bring school work to appointments so you can catch up on reading while you wait).‘
- Enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when you cross an item off your to-do list.
- Employers value employees who handle multiple priorities successfully.
3. Seek Support
- Recognize when you feel overwhelmed and talk to family, friends, professors, advisors, coworkers.
- Relieve stress at the gym.
4. Be Disciplined
- You are your own disciplinarian.
- Maturity is key; remember your priorities and keep the right mindset.
- Be on-time and hold yourself accountable.
5. Schedule Sleep
- When balancing work, life and school, it is important to make sleep a priority.
- Everyone gets more done in forty well-rested hours than sixty bleary-eyed ones.
Surprise: Camaraderie is present in online settings. Many non-traditional students interact with peers regularly to discuss classes, do group work and share tips.”